Astrid Hofferson is the female lead of the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, a young adult viking warrior of Clan Hofferson of the Hooligan tribe.
She is 15 years old in How to Train Your Dragon (2010), 18-19 in Dragons: Race to the Edge (2015), 20 in How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014), and 21 in How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
She is the girlfriend/later wife of the franchise's main protagonist Hiccup Haddock III, and is sometimes used by antagonists in damsel in distress situations against him in the franchise.
Times of Distress
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 - hands tied behind back in group bondage.
- Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk
- S01E06 Alvin and the Outcats; Held hostage by Alvin the Treacherous grabbing onto her braid. Later falls onto his ship, and is physically held hostage by him a second time.
- S01E11 Heather Report, Part 2; Held hostage dangling over a cliff by Alvin the Treacherous holding onto her.
- DreamWorks Dragons: Race to the Edge
- S01E03 Imperfect Harmony; Cocooned from neck to ankles in Deathsong amber.
- S02E01 Team Astrid; Captured by Berserker warrior, arms held behind back.
- S02E02 Night of the Hunters, Part 1; Reeled in by a chain around her waist, restrained by two dragon hunters.
- S03E12 Last Auction Heroes; Captured by Dragon Hunters with Heather, wrists tied in front, handgagged.
- S03E13 Defenders of the Wing, Part 1; Group captured by the Defenders of the Wing, wrists tied behind back.
- S04E13 Shell Shocked, Part 2; Held hostage by Viggo Grimborn, arms pinned to sides.
- S06E02 No Bark, All Bite; Restrained by two dragon hunters, hands later tied behind back when sitting in a chair.
- The Serpent's Heir - group captured by Calder, arms chained above head.